Our Romance Book Club meets online! Registration is optional to get reminders and book choices, click for link.
ONLINE via Zoom
Saturdays once a month | 10:00-11:00 AM | Adults
Dates coming up:
Join us for the Romance Book Club! We read as many romance genres as we can, sharing our thoughts and expanding our romance reading experience. As long as it has a Happily Ever After, it’s fair game.
Typically each month we choose the book for the following month.
Our Romance collection librarian will tell you all about exciting additions to the collection, and we’ll get your input on what you’d like to see more of and what we should read.
Register if you’d like to be added to our email list, but no registration is required – just join us at the Zoom link, above. For adults 18+.
The book group will meet monthly via zoom to discuss books in the romance genre. Our definition of romance includes both HEA (Happily Ever After) and HFN (Happy For Now) endings. We will discuss what we read on our own, talk about forthcoming titles, and also pick books to read as a group, either voting on titles prepared by group leaders or taking turns selecting titles.
This book group will strive to be a safe and inclusive space. Racist and homophobic remarks will not be tolerated, and the group may set other content lines to be drawn in discussion or in reading material (e.g., mentions of self-harm, gore, sexual assault) in order to make the experience as fun for all participants as possible. As this is a romance book group, it should be assumed that books read and discussed will often include sex, sometimes explicit in nature.
Book group leaders will:
- Read the entire book
- Gather information to help enhance the discussion
- Be prepared to offer counter opinions – even if they differ from our own
- Be prepared to begin new lines of discussion when necessary
- Not let one person monopolize the discussion
- Be willing and prepared to take control of the group, firmly but respectfully
Book group participants will:
- Make their best effort to complete the book
- Come ready to both share and listen
- Be ready to back up opinions with the “why”
- Have a great time — if you stop enjoying it, let the leader know
Previous books read:
- September 2022 – Neon Gods, Katee Robert (Fantasy Hades/Persephone Romance)
- August 2022 – Fatal Affair, Marie Force (Romantic Suspense)
- July 2022 – Never Been Kissed, Timothy Janovsky (Contemporary New Adult Queer Romance)
- June 2022 – Polaris Rising, Jessie Mihalik (Science Fiction Romance)
- May 2022 – Luckiest Lady in London, Sherry Thomas (Historical Romance)
- April 2022 – Writing Her In, Holley Trent (Polyamorous Romance)
- March 2022 – A Cowboy to Remember, Rebekah Wetherspoon (Contemporary Black Cowboy Romance)
- February 2022 – Battle Royal, Lucy Parker (Contemporary British Romance)
- January 2022 – Every New Year, Katrina Jackson (Holiday Second-Chance Contemporary Romance)
- November and December 2021 – The Matzah Ball, Jean Meltzer (Holiday Contemporary Romance)
- October 2021- How To Bang A Billionaire, Alexis Hall (Billionaire M/M Romance)
- September 2021 – Deal With The Devil, Kit Rocha (Science Fiction Romance)
- August 2021 – Gray Hair, Don’t Care, Karen Booth (Second Chance Romance)
- July 2021 – Angel’s Blood, Nalini Singh (Paranormal Romance)
- June 2021 – Entangled, Melissa Brayden (Contemporary Lesbian Romance)
- May 2021 – The Obsession, Nora Roberts (Contemporary Romantic Suspense)
- April 2021 – Destiny’s Embrace, Beverly Jenkins (Historical Romance)
- March 2021 – Loathe At First Sight, Suzanne Park (Contemporary Romance)
- February 2021 – Reader’s Choice