NOTE: For now, please join our Romance Book Club meetings online! Registration is optional, click for link.
ONLINE via Zoom
Saturdays once a month | 3:00-4:00 PM | Adults
February 27 – FIRST MEETING!
Join us for the new Romance Book Club!
Our Romance collection librarian will tell you all about exciting additions to the collection, and we’ll get your input on what you’d like to see more of and what we should read.
One Saturday a month, 3-4 pm, online via Zoom. Register if you’d like to be added to our email list, but no registration is required – just join us at the Zoom link, above. For adults 18+.
The book group will meet monthly via zoom to discuss books in the romance genre. Our definition of romance includes both HEA (Happily Ever After) and HFN (Happy For Now) endings. We will discuss what we read on our own, talk about forthcoming titles, and also pick books to read as a group, either voting on titles prepared by group leaders or taking turns selecting titles.
This book group will strive to be a safe and inclusive space. Racist and homophobic remarks will not be tolerated, and the group may set other content lines to be drawn in discussion or in reading material (e.g., mentions of self-harm, gore, sexual assault) in order to make the experience as fun for all participants as possible. As this is a romance book group, it should be assumed that books read and discussed will often include sex, sometimes explicit in nature.
Book group leaders will:
- Read the entire book
- Gather information to help enhance the discussion
- Be prepared to offer counter opinions – even if they differ from our own
- Be prepared to begin new lines of discussion when necessary
- Not let one person monopolize the discussion
- Be willing and prepared to take control of the group, firmly but respectfully
Book group participants will:
- Make their best effort to complete the book
- Come ready to both share and listen
- Be ready to back up opinions with the “why”
- Have a great time — if you stop enjoying it, let the leader know