Highly trained librarians are always available and eager to assist you:
- identify appropriate sources for your research or factual queries
- guide you in the use of our computers and the library’s online catalog
- help you find a “good book” to read
- many other services!
- Central Library General Reference: 413-263-6828 ext. 213
- Central Library Children’s Reference: ext. 201
- Central Library Circulation Issues: ext. 218 or 239
- Branch Libraries
Online Reference Requests
Use the form below to submit your reference request. Fill out the form as completely as possible, and click on the SUBMIT button. We will respond as soon as possible.
If requesting materials (holds) from the library or an Interlibrary Loan (ILL), please include your C/WMARS library card number (found on the back of your card) and your preferred branch for pickup.
If you are requesting that we purchase a book or other item for the library, please use our Materials Purchase Consideration Form instead.
If requesting a copy of an obituary from the Springfield newspapers, include complete name of the deceased, town of residence, and date of death. If you do not have the date of death, check with the Springfield City Clerk’s Office or other local city or town clerk’s office.
NOTE: Obituaries or articles from Springfield newspapers prior to 1900 must be requested from the Springfield History Library and Archives at the Museum of Springfield History.