- Hampden Law Library – 50 State Street, Courthouse, Springfield – Open to the public the law library offers: help with legal research, books and materials to borrow, online databases for no charge (including Westlaw and Lexis), and free public wifi. | (413) 748-7923
- City of Springfield, Good Neighbor Guide – Online Guide – Quality of Life Regulations in the City of Springfield. Includes: Business Licenses & Regulations, Animals, Waste Collection, Public Peace & Welfare, Motor Vehicles, Streets, Sidewalks & Public Places, Building Maintenance, Neighborhood Organizations.
- City of Springfield, Online Public Records – Website – Budget, Expenditures and Financial Plans, City Governance, Code Enforcement, Economic Development, Elections, Property and Taxation, Public Safety, Vital Records
Lawyer Referral Services:
- Community Legal Aid – One Monarch Place, Springfield – Provides free civil legal services to low-income and elderly residents of central and western Massachusetts. CLA also provides free civil legal assistance to victims of crime and survivors of homicide victims. | (508) 425-2785
- Hampden County Bar Association – 50 State Street, Springfield | (413) 732-4660
- Western Mass Legal Services – Provides free legal help in non-criminal cases for low-income people and elders who live in western Massachusetts. | (413) 781-7814
Immigration Law Resources
- ACLU Immigrant Protection Project of Western Mass – The Immigrant Protection Project (IPP) is a coordinated regional effort by attorneys and organizations to provide immigrants in Western Massachusetts with referrals for legal assistance and connections to other services. | (413) 727-8515
- El Proyecto de Protección al Inmigrante (IPP) es un esfuerzo regional coordinado de abogados y organizaciones para conectar a inmigrantes en el oeste de Massachusetts con referencias para asistencia legal y servicios que abordan otras necesidades de la comunidad inmigrante en todo el Pioneer Valley y el are de Berkshires. | (413) 727-8515
- Berkshire Immigrant Center – 88 South Street, Pittsfield | (413) 445-4881
- Center for New Americans – 42 Gothic St, Northampton – Offers Immigration legal services. Contact Maureen at firstname.lastname@example.org | (413) 587-0084
- Community Legal Aid – One Monarch Place, Springfield | (508) 425-2785
- New England Justice for our Neighbors – Trinity United Methodist Church, 361 Sumner Avenue, Springfield | (413) 386-9951
- Catholic Charities– Office of Immigration, Migration, and Refugee Services -65 Elliot Street, Springfield – Services are offered for a nominal fee for all documented immigrants, refugees and asylees. In addition to aiding clients with their CIS documents, our caseworkers can provide referrals to legal services, social services and ESOL classes for immigrants regardless of status. | (413) 452-0626 | email@example.com
- MassLegalHelp.org – MassLegalHelp.org’s mission is to use the Web to improve access to justice for low income and disadvantaged people. It provides practical information about your legal rights in Massachusetts.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Public Records – A website of the Secretary of the State Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Includes: Notary Public Information, Marriages in Massachusetts, Public Records Access, and Information on the Public Records Law.
- The General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Find my Legislator – Bills – Laws
- Massachusetts Court System – Website – Includes a Courthouse locator, Information on Jury Duty, Access to New Opinions, and the ability to search Court Dockets.
- Massachusetts General Laws – An online searchable database of the General Laws of Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts Law Resources in the State Library – The State Library has an extensive collection of Massachusetts law resources, including statutes and legislative materials, administrative law and judicial reports.
Lawyer Referral Services:
- Committee for Public Counsel Services – Provide legal representation in Massachusetts for those unable to afford an attorney in all matters in which the law requires the appointment of counsel.
Immigration Law Resources
- PAIR Project – Political Asylum / Immigration Representation Project – 98 North Washington Street, Suite 106, Boston – PAIR provides free immigration services to indigent asylum-seekers and detained immigrants, assuring fairness and access to justice. | (617) 742-9296
- Refugee and Immigrant Assistance Center – 240 Main Street, Suite 802, Worcester | (508) 756-7557
- Ascentria Care Alliance – The Immigration Legal Assistance Program is
part of Services for New Americans and provides free and low-cost legal services to immigrants and refugees in Massachusetts. | (413) 787-0725
USA.gov – Laws and Legal Issues – Website – Official Guide to Government Information Services. Includes information on: Complaints, Crime and Prisons, Federal Laws and Regulations, Labor Laws and Issues, Personal Legal Issues, Documents, and Family History, Scam and Frauds, U.S. Government Works, Voting and Election Laws and History, Your Legal Disability Rights.
Immigration Law Resources: