Indian Orchard Branch
44 Oak Street
Indian Orchard, MA 01151
Manager: Diane Houle
Supervisor: Peggy Dialessi
PVTA Bus Routes: B6
Opened March 18, 1909, the Indian Orchard Library was built with a grant from the Andrew Carnegie Foundation. This Classical Revival Style building was designed by local architect John Donahue and built by local craftsmen. The Indian Orchard Branch was the first fully staffed suburban branch library in the city. This library has always played an important role as a community center and has traditionally been a place new immigrants could come to learn to become American citizens.
New titles recently added to the Indian Orchard Branch.
Five public internet access computers, three children’s internet access computers, and two computers preloaded with educational games. Each session lasts 30 minutes. Users may have two sessions per day. Headphones are not provided. Earbuds are available at the Circulation desk for $1.
On-street parking is available.
For more information about the history of the Indian Orchard Branch, download our brochure.
Indian Orchard Walking Tour
Indian Orchard resident and author Gerry O’Brien created this self-guided walking or driving tour of the neighborhood’s 21 heritage sites, including the library. Formatted by Michaela Dias, the brochure is published with funding provided by the Indian Orchard Citizens Council.
Printed copies of the guide to Indian Orchard Heritage Sites can be found at the Indian Orchard Branch Library, Indian Orchard Citizens Council Office, Chmura’s Bakery, Boilard Lumber, and Indian Orchard Mills Art and Industrial Space main office.