Shape the future: Springfield Counts!
The 2020 United States Census is coming!
The goal is: Count Everyone Once, Only Once and in the Right Place.
What is the Census?
Your response matters.
- Census results help determine how billions of dollars in federal and state funding flow into Springfield each year.
- Schools. Health care. Fire departments. SNAP, WIC, & TANF. Roads and highways. The census will shape many different aspects of Springfield.
- Census results determine how many seats in Congress Massachusetts gets – how much influence we have over the federal government.
Your privacy matters.
- The U.S. Census Bureau is bound by law to protect your answers and keep them strictly confidential.
- When you respond to the Census, your answers are kept anonymous, used only for general statistics.
- Your Census answers cannot be used against you by any government agency or court.
Springfield Counts! Because our community matters.
- You matter! You count! The Census counts everyone, from babies to seniors, who lives in the U.S. – everyone, regardless of status.
- Starting in mid-March, every household will receive an invitation to fill out the Census. Most households will be asked to fill out the census online or by phone.
- You can see what the Census will ask by clicking here.
- Not sure who to include? We have answers!
- April 1st is Census Day! Celebrate with us, details coming soon.