Staff from the Library's Youth & Outreach Services Department have developed a list of books and websites to address the issue of bullying. And don't miss the DVD Stop Bullying Now! Take a Stand, Lend a Hand. It includes 12 webisodes featuring school-age characters dealing with bullying episodes, five TV and two radio public service announcements to promote the campaign, and five video workshops developed for professionals in the education, health and safety, mental health, and law-enforcement fields who encounter and deal with bullying behaviors. The DVD is available at all Springfield City Library locations--you can reserve a copy through our catalog by clicking here.
Booklists compiled by Springfield Librarians
Picture Books about Dealing with Bullies
Chapter Books & Graphic Novels about Dealing with Bullies
Nonfiction about Dealing with Bullies
Resources for Talking about Bullying for Parents and Teachers
Teen Books about Bullies and Bullying: Nonfiction & Fiction updated 2/13
DVDs about Dealing with Bullies
- Massachusetts: Bullying Prevention and Intervention Resources
- The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has compiled a list of Bullying Prevention and Intervention Resources. Find Parent Information, Laws and Regulations, Resources from State and Federal Agencies, and more.
- Stop Bullying Now
- U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services. Information & prevention. For adults & children. Resources, Webisodes/videos, games.
- Dealing with Bullying
- For parents, teens, children. Topics include cyberbullying, cliques, fear, safety.
- Talk About It: Bullying in School
- Learn how to prevent Bullying in school, "code of silence," resources.
- Helping Kids Deal with Bullies
- Provides strategies on how to deal with bullies.
- Facts for Families: Bullying
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Signs and symptoms. Resources.
- Toma Posición, Da una Mano. ¡Basta ya de Molestar!
- Consejos para adultos para enfrentar la intimidación. El acto de molestar o intimidar es un grave tema de salud pública que afecta a innumerable cantidad de jóvenes todos los días. Además, las investigaciones muestran que los efectos de estos actos de molestia o intimidación pueden prolongarse hasta bien entrada la edad adulta.
- Kids Against Bullying
- Cartoon format. For kids and adults , this site is produced by the PACER Center, a parent center for families of children and young adults with all disabilities -- physical, mental, learning, and emotional.
- Michigan Positive Behavior Support Network: Bullying Links
- A list of resources and links. Information is geared to teens, parents, professionals, and other caring adults.
Return to top of page