- Ain't No River by Sharon Ewell Foster (2001)
- After Garvin Daniel's supervisor suspends her unfairly, she decides to return home to regroup and to keep an eye on her grandmother, who has been keeping company with a much younger man whom Garvin suspects is after her grandmother's money.
- The Amen Sisters by Angela Benson (2005)
- Blaming herself when a disbelieved sexually abused congregation member commits suicide, minister Francine Amen struggles to rebuild her ministry and endeavors to regain the trust of those who were hurt. By the Christy Award finalist author of Awakening Mercy.
- And This Too Shall Pass by E Lynn Harris (1996)
- Harris takes us into the locker rooms and newsrooms of Chicago, where four lives are about to intersect in romance and scandal. At the heart of the novel is the celibate Zurich, a rookie quarterback for the Chicago Cougars whose trajectory for superstardom is interrupted by a sexual assault charge by Mia, a sportscaster with her own sights on fame. With his career in jeopardy, Zurich hires Tamela, a high-powered attorney, to defend him, while Sean, a gay sportswriter, covers the story and uncovers his heart. All of these characters face the challenge of keeping the faith -- in themselves and in God -- while Harris's heartfelt storytelling reveals how the love of family can help one to face the terrible legacy of long-held secrets.
- Battle of Jericho , by Kendra Norman-Bellamy (2008)
- Peter Jericho has spent most of his adult life living for God and serving his country as one of the few and the proud Marines. When his once solid marriage suddenly takes a turn for the worse, his wife, Jan, takes their daughter and moves in with her mother in Shelton Heights, Georgia, a community some believe is cursed. Peter loves the Lord, but when his calamity increases, will his faith decrease?
- Boaz Brown by Michelle Stimpson (2004)
- Profiling the man of her dreams to her girlfriends, LaShondra Smith finds the prejudices of her family and church, as well as her own color-driven attitudes, changing when she falls in love with a man of a different race.
- By the Grace of God by Keshia Dawn (2008)
- Gracie looks to God for strength when her fiancé, Dillian, leaves her one day without so much as a warning, and when she finds out the reason for his abrupt departure, it causes her world to flip upside down.
- Can I Get a Witness , by Reshonda Tate Billingsley (2008)
- Facing the end of her own marriage when she discovers her husband's long-time infidelity, workaholic divorce lawyer Vanessa Kirk is disgusted when a colleague she dislikes orders them to attend counseling before granting a divorce, especially when all she wants is to move on with her life.
- Choose Me , by Xenia Ruiz (2005)
- Having raised two college-age sons in spite of a failed marriage, Latin-American Christian Eva unexpectedly falls in love with African-American cancer survivor and writer Adam, in a relationship that tests their faith and challenges them to overcome past sorrows.
- Cover Girls by T.D. Jakes (2003)
- Struggling to balance their significant others, children, careers, and faith, four African-American women face life changing challenges over the course of a year.
- Cruisin' on Desperation , by Pat G'Orge Walker (2007)
- When the girls of the Oh-Lawd-Why-Am-I-Still-Single church group are duped by Lyon Lipps, a seductive con-artist, they, hungry for revenge, enlist the help of a gorgeous and vicious young woman named Ima Hellraiser, who leads them all down a hilariously wicked path.
- Divas of Damascus Road , by Michelle Stimpson (2006)
- A family of Christian women battles issues of unwanted pregnancies, overeating, mental illness, and traumatic childhoods, hoping that--like Saul's encounter with God on the road to Damascus--their lives will turn around.
- Divorcing the Devil by Dwan Abrams (2008)
- Skyler, a happily married psychoanalyst and a Christian, comes to the aid of her friend, Gabriella, who has just discovered that her husband is cheating on her, not knowing that the mistress of Gabriella's husband is one of her patients until it's too late.
- Drama in the Church by Dinah Zale 2005
- When she meets Mr. Right in the form of an ex-convict named Payce Boyd, Tressie soon discovers the reality of being a thug's girlfriend and seeks comfort in the First Nazareth A.M.E. Church where all of its members are dealing with their own share of drama.
- The Ex Files: A Novel of Four Women and Faith by Victoria Christopher Murray (2007)
- Sheridan struggles to choose between reconciling with her bisexual husband and pursuing a younger man, while Kendall endeavors to forgive a woman who broke up her marriage, and Asia plots against her long-time lover for wanting to return to his wife.
- Exorsistah by by Claudia Mair Burney (2008)
- Seventeen-year-old Emme Vaughn, a homeless girl who can see demons, has a chance to do God's work by assisting a disgraced priest, a nun, and handsome Francis Rivers in performing exorcisms, but must first battle her personal demons, lack of discipline, and teen hormones.
- Forgivin' ain't Forgettin' by Mata Elliott (2006)
- Having shut out the world in the pain of two abusive relationships and a terrible secret, Cassidy Beckett buries herself in her church ministry and meets widower and single father Trevor Monroe, with whom she shares an adversarial, then romantic relationship before learning important truths about healing.
- Goodness and Mercy by Vanessa Davis Griggs (2009)
- Gabrielle Mercedes joins her new church's dance ministry where she fulfills a lifelong dream and meets Mr. Right, but a past secret threatens to destroy everything, including her newfound faith.
- I Know I've Been Changed by ReShonda Tate Billingsley (2006)
- Having risen from a small-town girl to a star new anchor in Houston, Raedella finds her carefully constructed world crumbling upon the arrival of her embarrassingly eccentric family, which prompts a desertion of her friends and realization of her family's value.
- Into Each Life by Shelia E. Lipsey (2007)
- When Teary Fullalove, his best friend from childhood, comes back into his life, Prodigal Runsome must choose between his girlfriend Faith or pursuing a relationship with Teary, whom he has loved for years.
- John's Quest by Cecelia Dowdy (2008)
- It's amazing how quickly life can change. Overnight, Monica Crawford finds her neatly organized world turned upside down. Her sister abandons her blind son, Scotty, leaving him on Monica's doorstep. Caring for a handicapped child brings unexpected conflict -- but unexpected joy as well. When John French volunteers to tutor Scotty, he finds himself irresistibly drawn to Monica. But John and Monica are very different. She is a strong believer, determined to live her life for Christ. John is an agnostic who wants nothing to do with God. Will John see the light? Will Monica realize that sometimes letting go of a dream is the way to achieve it? Only in full surrender will either of them be happy -- whether they end up together or alone.
- Joy , by Victoria Christopher Murray (2002)
- Brutally attacked in her office by a stalker, Anya Mitchell, owner of a successful financial services company, finds her faith in God and her relationship with her fiance shaken by the aftermath of the attack and the painful decisions she must make.
- Keep Your Enemies Closer by Sharon Oliver (2008)
- Charlotte Morley's family tree starts to shake when she returns to Turtle Island to regroup and recover after her divorce, as dark secrets tumble out and she receives warnings from God.
- A Light to My Path by Lynn Austin (2004)
- Kitty, a house slave, is overwhelmed when she must choose between continuing to do the bidding of her owners or embrace a chance at freedom when Yankees arrive, but Grady, the man she loves, is the driving force behind her choice.
- Like Sheep Gone Astray by Leslie J. Sherrod (2006)
- Training to become a Baptist minister while working as a top-level account executive, Anthony Murdock makes a morally challenging decision to compromise his beliefs to make some fast money, struggles with his greedy wife's preference for wealth over the lifestyle of a poor minister, and works to overcome his own material impulses.
- Living Consequences by Brittney Holmes (2006)
- Several students, each dealing with their own problems, provide their perspective on high school life, including Nevaeh, a straight-A student who finds her relationship with her boyfriend of three years and her faith sorely tested by the pressures of sexual intimacy.
- A Lova' Like No Otha' by Stephanie Perry Moore (2003)
- Losing her fiancée on her wedding day to a pregnant girlfriend she never knew he had, Zoe Clark falls deeply into depression and blames God for her troubles until Chase Farr brings love and faith back into her life.
- Love Like Hallelujah by Lutishia Lovely (2008)
- Tai's marriage to her pastor husband is stronger than ever until his ex-lover comes back into town with a shocking surprise that could tear them apart, while Vivian goes up against her husband's former assistant and Millicent returns.
- The Lyons Den by Kendra Norman-Bellamy (2009)
- When a stalker turns his life upside down, Lieutenant Stuart Lyons, a single father and head of security at the New Hope Church in Atlanta, places his faith in God as he and the DeKalb County Police Department hunt for an elusive madman bent on revenge.
- Mother Eternal Ann Everlastin's Dead , by Pat G'Orge Walker (2004)
- When her good friend Mother Eternal Ann Everlastin' dies, Sister Betty, along with her half-blind cohort, must see to Eternal's last wishes, which involves dispensing large sums of money to three church pastors and keeping some greedy religious zealots at bay, while learning a valuable lesson in faith.
- Prodigal by Zaria Garrison (2009)
- In this powerful novel of love and betrayal, identical twins Phylicia and Phoebe share a love for the same man, the Reverend Gary Morgan, who only has eyes for Phylicia, which prompts Phoebe to masquerade as her sister and seduce this man whom she is determined to have at any cost.
- The Prodigal Husband , by Jaquelin Thomas (2002)
- After the death of their daughter, Jake runs away from the situation and has an affair with his business partner Sheila, and when he returns to ask his wife Tori for forgiveness, Tori calls on God to help her know what to do.
- Redemption , by Jaquelin Thomas (2007)
- Explores the role and rewards of redemption through the story of a woman whose desperate and fateful decisions could destroy her.
- Sacrifice the One by Monica P. Carter (2006)
- When Seta discovers that her father, who abandoned her years earlier after her mother's death, has re-married and has stepchildren, she decides to rebel, and, wondering why her prayers to God for her father's love go unanswered, follows a path of self-destruction.
- Saved Folk in the House by Sonnie Beverly (2006)
- A three-part tale about a Southern family's struggles with the joys and challenges of living in a home with strong Christian values finds a single mother struggling with the impact of her faith on her new marriage, and her best friend challenging her misperceptions about love.
- The Single Sister Experiment by Mimi Jefferson (2006)
- Discovering that she is not living life according to God's standards, Joan Dallas participates in an experiment that calls into question the sexual choices she has made.
- Singsation , by Jaquelin Thomas (2001)
- Deborah Anne Peterson always knew she possessed a gift from God -- her miraculous singing voice, but when rapper and movie star Triage Blue discovers her and sets her up with a tour, her beliefs and relationship with the church become challenged.
- Somewhat Saved , by Pat G'Orge Walker (2008)
- When Mother Sasha Pray Onn and Mother Bea Blister, the senior citizen matrons of the Ain't Nobody Saved but Us -- All Others Goin' to Hell church who have a penchant for gambling and holding grudges, are sent to the Mothers Board Conference in Las Vegas, things get hilariously out of control.
- Soul Journey , by Jaquelin Thomas (2004)
- Journee Carter, finally realizing her dream of becoming a preacher, despite opposition by her father and the community, is offered a permanent position at the New Faith Baptist Church, where she finds herself led into temptation by a member of the church, which sorely tests her faith and beliefs.
- Sunday Brunch Diaries , by N. J. Jarrett (2008)
- In the sequel to Sunday Brunch , five female lawyers and long-time friends -- Lexi, Capri, Jermane, Angel, and Jewe -- return as they confront new challenges in their careers, friendship, and romances, as Lexi and Capri form a business partnership, Jermane deals with a workaholic husband, and Angel and her boyfriend find their love threatened by differences in faith.
- Testimony by Felicia Mason (2002)
- The Triumphant Voices of Praise, a renowned choir, finds their faith tested when their leader is plagued by hateful, anonymous messages, four members travel East to promote their new CD, and a lofty diva inspires unrest among the other members.
- That Faith, that Trust, that Love by Jamellah Ellis (2001)
- Despite her seemingly perfect life with a job at a prestigious law firm and her engagement to a scion of Atlanta's black elite, Marley Shepherd finds herself struggling to deal with truths about her relationship and herself that begin to destroy her integrity and is unable to seek help from her warring family, until she experiences a spiritual awakening.
- Up at the College by Michele Andrea Bowen (2009)
- Yvonne Fountain Copeland is determined to move on after her husband of fifteen years decides to leave her because their marriage became "boring." Returning to her hometown of Durham, North Carolina, Yvonne is convinced that a change of scenery will help her draw closer to God and find inner peace. Yvonne didn't know that the journey to peace would lead her to sexy, single childless basketball coach Curtis Parker.
- A Woman's Worth by Nikita Lynnette Nichols (2010)
- Going against her Christian values, 28-year-old Monique Morrison decides to move in with her musician boyfriend, Boris Cortland, who is in no hurry to marry her, and, after suffering from neglect, rejection and verbal abuse, turns to Boris's cousin Adonis, who just might be the man she needs.
- Zora and Nicky , by Claudia Mair Burney (2008)
- What happens when a self-described BAP (black American princess), the daughter of a famous megachurch leader, falls in love with a young white man?
Return to top of page