- At the Court's Mercy , by KaShamba Williams (2006)
- Determined to lead a normal life with his new fiancée, Nasir Johnson finds himself at the mercy of his son's vindictive mother, who has teamed up with his own mother to regain custody of the boy, and his girl on the side has turned into a vicious stalker, threatening to destroy everything.
- Changing Faces , by Kimberla Lawson Roby (2006)
- Whitney, Taylor, and Charisse have been best friends for years, but they are about to face an unexpected wave of troubles when Charisse's husband threatens to go public with a secret that she has been desperately trying to hide from her mother.
- Dirty Red , by Vickie Stringer (2007)
- Having tricked her boyfriend into believing she is pregnant, Red enjoys his lavish attentions until she becomes pregnant for real by an ex-boyfriend who is in jail, a situation that leads her into a new career.
- Divas of Damascus Road , by Michelle Stimpson (2006)
- A family of Christian women battles issues of unwanted pregnancies, overeating, mental illness, and traumatic childhoods, hoping that -- like Saul's encounter with God on the road to Damascus -- their lives will turn around.
- Fear of the Dark , by Walter Mosley (2007)
- The arrival of his lowlife cousin, Ulysses S. "Useless" Grant, spells trouble for Paris Minton, and his friend, Fearless Jones, as they become embroiled in a bizarre case involving mysterious women, desperate blackmail victims, cheating business partners, and murder.
- I Say a Little Prayer , by E. Lynn Harris (2006)
- Chauncey Greer, the bisexual owner of a thriving card company in Atlanta, is inspired to pursue his old dream of a musical career, a career that had ended in scandal thanks to a teenage love affair with a fellow band mate in a popular boy band.
- Jump at the Sun , by Kim McLarin (2006)
- Reveals the complicated relationships of mothers and daughters in the lives of three generations of women, including Grace, a self-made woman determined to avoid the errors of her mother, who had sacrificed her own needs for her children.
- Just Short of Crazy , by Nina Foxx (2006)
- Her efforts to remake herself into a stronger, more independent woman halted when she breaks the arm of a fellow martial arts student, Alexis finds herself unexpectedly attracted to the man she injured, a nightclub owner with a volatile ex-wife.
- Nowhere is a Place , by Bernice McFadden (2006)
- Having struggled throughout her life for an understanding of her identity, Sherry wonders at an uncharacteristic display of anger on the part of her mother and digs into her family's past throughout the course of a cross-country journey.
- Payback is a Mutha , by Wahida Clark (2006)
- Using sex to get cars, expensive clothes, and anything else she desires, Brianna, a spoiled and selfish hustler, must make a tough decision when one of her schemes goes too far and her best friend Shan is caught in the crossfire.
- Riding Dirty on I-95 , by Nikki Turner (2006)
- Her life forever transformed by the murder of her father over a gambling debt, Mercy takes a job at a disreputable hotel, until she gets the chance to make a lot of money working as a drug runner.
- Satin Nights , by Karen E. Quinones Miller (2006)
- Regina Harris resumes a relationship with a former boyfriend, struggles to choose between the boyfriend and her congressman ex-husband, and becomes embroiled in the personal crises of her three best friends.
- Video Cowboys , by Yolanda Joe (2006)
- Taken hostage along with her partner when they stumble into a bank robbery, reporter Georgia Barnett negotiates for their freedom by promising to air the gunman's story about his missing daughter, an agreement that is compromised by an overzealous team of police officers and downsized cameramen.
Return to top of page