Commonwealth eBook Collections
Tell us how this new program is working for you. We need your feedback to help shape the future. Complete the survey and get a chance to win a $50 gift card!
Commonwealth eBook Collections
Here it is…you asked for more digital content and we heard you. Springfield City Library is pleased to be one of 51 Massachusetts libraries to participate in this pilot program.
Click here to go to the Commonwealth eBook Collections Catalog where you can search for eBooks and more from our partners, BiblioLabs (BiblioBoard), Baker & Taylor (axis 360), and EBL. Search for a book, check it out with your Springfield City Library card, download these materials to your device, and you’re off and running!
Baker & Taylor includes popular fiction and recently published nonfiction ebooks that can be downloaded on your phone, tablet, iPad®, Nook®, or Kindle Fire®! Please note that Axis 360 does not support the old Kindle Reader.
Mobile Apps to access Baker & Taylor content:
Here you will find digital collections of books, images, articles, audio and video from leading publishers and archives around the world. These materials are curated by subject and accessible from anywhere. BiblioBoard has millions of pages of curated primary source content, unlimited multi-user access and streaming audio and video. There is also a growing library of traditional publisher content including fiction, graphic novels, comics, children’s books, university press books and much more.
Mobile App to access BiblioBoard content:
EBL is a leading global eBook aggregator, serving academic, corporate and research libraries worldwide. With an extensive catalog of 125,000+ eBook titles from premier international academic publishers. Not only does EBL specialize in research materials but it also provides nonfiction for the general reader as well, including the Dummies series and children’s books.
To use EBL, you must first create an EBL account at your Library. You will also need to create an Adobe Digital Editions Account.
- Log on to your library web page and access Mass eBook Project.
- Select EBL and login with your library card number and PIN.
- Select your eBook, you will be given 5 minutes to preview the contents of the book. After 5 minutes you may borrow the book by clicking on “yes, create a loan” You may continue to read online or you may download to your eReader device.
To download a book to your device you must have the Bluefire Reader app. From the Apple App store or Google Play Store for Android, download the Bluefire Reader app.
Once you have the Bluefire Reader app:
- Open the EBL website and select your book.
- Open your book in your browser.
- When the book is open in the browser, click the download tab located on the left– hand side the eBook will automatically go into your device through the Bluefire Reader app.
- In order to read the book, open your Bluefire Reader.
- For newer Nook devices you may download to your computer and transfer using Adobe Digital Editions.
- If you use a Kindle Fire reader you can access EBL via the browser, and our system will recognize that you are using a Kindle Fire and link you to the Bluefire Reader app.
The Commonwealth eBook Collections project is brought to you by the Massachusetts Library System in partnership with the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners and your local library, funded, in part, by the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services.