Free Computer Classes
Regular Computer Classes | Special Classes: Health & Medical Help Online | More Help with Computers
May 2013 Classes
Download our flyer
Sign up online
|Introduction to Publisher:
Learn the basics of home-based desktop publishing in this hands-on workshop. Skill with a keyboard and a mouse is assumed. Led by Donna.
Our next series of classes will begin in July.
These workshops are led using Windows XP Professional and Office 2010.
Something New, Something Fun!
We’re having a raffle! Earn a chance to win a gift card to Hot Table Café for each Hi!Tech workshop you attend in this month.
Contact librarian Matthew Jaquith for more details. (413) 263-6828, x221.
Classes are held in the computer lab located on the ground level at 220 State St, unless otherwise noted. Use the State Street entrance. All classes are free and open to the general public.
To Register: Use the sign-up links above, or register at the Reference Desk in Wellman Hall at 220 State Street, call 413-263-6828 ext. 213, or e-mail email@example.com.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments about Hi!Tech @ the Library classes at the Springfield City Library, please contact Matthew at (413) 263-6828 ext. 221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEALTH AND MEDICAL HELP AT THE LIBRARY
FREE Computer Workshops to be led by Baystate Health Librarian
Would you like to find out where to get reliable, relevant health information on the Internet? Consider signing up for one or all of the free computer workshops to be taught by Margot Malachowski, Outreach Librarian at Baystate Health. These classes will be held in the Central Library Computer Lab, 220 State Street, Springfield. For additional information or to sign up please call (413) 263-6828, x213, or sign up online.
Thursday, May 16, 1-2:3- pm: Focus on Asthma and Allergies. Sign up online
More Help with Computers
Tutorials and Learning Aids
- Mousercize Practice your mousing skills with this free online program! Also available in Spanish.
- SeniorNet Mouse Exercises Learn about placing, clicking, drag & drop, and drawing the mouse.
- New User Tutorial This tutorial is designed to help people who have never used a computer before. It concentrates on using the mouse and a few other basic skills.
- LearnFree.org Free online computer tutorials, as well as tutorials for everyday living, money matters, and more, from Goodwill Community Foundation. Free registration required for online courses.
- Online Typing Course A structured touch typing course for motivated individuals looking to develop their keyboard skills and a free resource to aid supervised keyboarding education in schools, companies, and organizations.
- Online Typing Tests From BellaOnline.
Free and low-cost computer training is also available at the following Springfield location:
FutureWorks Career Center
STCC Technology Park, 1 Federal Street. (413) 858-2800.
Classes are offered daily; FutureWorks membership is required.
More information and current schedule available on their website: http://www.futureworks-now.com/computer_lab.htm