Current Library Commissioner terms and expiration dates were discussed:
• Timothy Moriarty - February 2008
• Stephen Cary - February 2009
• Craig Givens - February 2010
• Sheila McElwaine - February 2010
• Vera O'Connor - February 2010
• Commissioner McElwaine made a motion that the Library Commission write a letter to Mayor Sarno saying the Library Commissioners will serve their terms and continue serving until replaced, and requesting the Mayor name two additional Commissioners. Mr. Moriarty seconded the motion. The motion passed.
Ms. Fogarty explained that the Library Department is now in the 5th year of its 5-Year Strategic Plan, and must begin the process of setting up a new 5-Year Plan. The Commission will be very involved in this process and will need to hire a consultant to help guide them. Ms. Fogarty will consult with the attorney about the Library Commission terms and find out if they can elect new officers.
Ms. McElwaine expressed the need to revise the Library Commission By-Laws section regarding their role in the hiring of the Library Director. Ms. McElwaine suggested that Helen Caulton-Harris attend an upcoming meeting.